Remote workspaces are becoming more common in the past year. Due to the worldwide pandemic, employees were confined within their houses and had to reinvent themselves to create a productive work environment in their homes.
With the increase of remote work, companies are quickly discovering that it can be hard to figure out if your employees are working. This has increased the need for companies to adopt productivity monitoring tools.
In this article, we will talk about what productive monitoring tools are, the benefits of investing in a monitoring tool for your company, and a few tools employers are using to keep watch on remote workers.
What is a productivity monitoring tool?
A productivity monitoring tool is a form of computer software that allows you to remotely manage your employees. With these tools, you can keep track of what your employees do throughout the business hours and what they’re using their computers for.
Companies wanting to understand how their remote employees operate are using different monitoring tools. By investing in a productivity monitoring tool, you can keep track of various things your employees do, including:
- Application usage: check which computer applications your employees are accessing the most, with a potential breakdown of hours used per day.
- Login history: see when your employees log into their computer every day during the workday.
- Web browsing: make sure your employees are not accessing any websites that don’t pertain to their jobs throughout their scheduled business hours.
- GPS tracking: check where in the country (or in the world) your employees are accessing their machine from.
What are some tools to monitor productivity?
Here are a few productivity tools that would help you monitor your employees’ actions throughout the workday:
ActivTrak: ActivTrak provides you workforce analytics and insights. It can help you optimize processes and maximize technology throughout your business. ActivTrak can help you:
- Gain insights and increase team productivity through productivity reports;
- Understand which applications and websites your employees use through their Application and Website feature;
- Foster a culture that empowers employees to achieve their goals through the Productivity Coaching feature;
- Block certain websites and create alarms based on any combination of conditions;
- And much more.
ActivTrak’s premium account costs $15 per user per month, but there are Enterprise plans available that can be tailored to your organization’s needs. For more information, visit their website.
Teramind: Teramind helps you monitor and understand user activities and behaviors, while also protecting you from any data loss. Teramind’s features include:
- Employee monitoring;
- Insider Threat Prevention;
- Compliance and Audit;
- User Activity Monitoring;
- And User Behavior Analytics.
Teramind’s cost starts at $5 per endpoint per month on on-premise computers or $10 per user per month on cloud computers. For more information, visit their website.
Hubstaff: Hubstaff’s goal is to help everyone work better together with different features to drive productivity. It can be viewed both on desktop and smartphones, allowing you to have full access to your business’ analytics in an instant. Hubstaff can help you with:
- Tracking work hours with online timesheets and reports;
- Automate management of your remote team;
- And much more.
From simple time tracking and reporting to GPS location tracking and team management, Hubstaff provides different plans according to your business needs. It can range from $0 for one user only to $20 per user per month for enterprise plans. Visit their website for more information.
Skyline IT Services
Skyline IT Services is a Technology Solution Provider based in San Diego, CA. We bring a wide range of different services for small and medium-sized businesses throughout Southern California.
We are here to provide any tech support you need, including monitoring tools to improve the current workspace for your remote employees. We are here to bring affordable and exceptional IT services for you and your company.